uganda 2k15



To grace, I'm indebted, don't you think?

The grace that's still there; like oxygen, I begin to expect it.

Like when you swim underwater for minutes, without breath, and you come up gasping.  The air I expected fills my lungs.

Grace feels like that, these days.

When I can finally see it at the end of the tunnel I thought would never end.  Fears, doubts, questions pummel me.

Gasping for grace, it fills me up.

And then when I feel no answer must mean no, I'm reminded.

When you're called to something, why would you ever hold back?

So I'm going back to Uganda.  January 2015. 

 It's not perfect timing.  It's never perfect timing.  But there is a distinct weight I bear and flutter in my stomach at every tiny opportunity I receive to go back.  It's complete grace.  It overwhelms me.  To say that I get to go back... oh my goodness.  The Lord is so near.

Last year, so many SO graciously gave to fund my trip.  I would stare at my email in tears multiple times.  I want you all to know I wrote each of your names down and felt so loved going knowing you were a part of it.  If you want to be a part of Uganda 2015, you can donate here
I covet and thank you for your prayers leading up to and during my trip again.  Thank you for embarking on the wildest dream of my life unfolding before my eyes!


Thank you, from the deepest parts of my heart.

I told my dear friends who gave in tremendous ways last year that, "This is not just a mission trip to me.  This is a lifelong calling that you are so graciously a part of." 

The Lord whispered to me earlier this year, 

"Do not worry. 
I will provide."

At the end of my last trip, I wrote this, tears streaming down my face in the middle of O'hare Airport:

"We sing: /why should I gain from his reward? I cannot give an answer/ and I cannot, everyday of my life I cannot answer why I gain from His reward dying in my place. I cannot answer it. But I do know that I cannot live a life of luxury for the rest of my life. It has to stop somewhere, and the raw and true love of Christ has to start somewhere. I'm back in America now, only God will have His way in my heart, in this country that I now see as overwhelming luxury. What I saw does not end here."

By the grace of God, I'm going back to Uganda.

Praise God our Father who fuels the desires of our hearts, and never, ever gives up on them.

What a joy.

Post a Comment

s e a r c h

Followers